Chocolate Crackle Easter Nests – the final installment in our Easter recipes series!
This recipe requires just five ingredients and I love that it’s easy enough to make with the kids – perfect to keep ‘em busy over Easter weekend – but delicious enough to satisfy the adults.
I used Whittaker’s new 5 roll refined chocolate (I had to buy 2 blocks, so one could be reserved for eating) and M&M’s speckled eggs.
The recipe was created for the Whittaker’s Chocolate Lovers Easter Creation Competiton on Facebook.
If you also want to go in the draw to win a YEAR’S SUPPLY of Whittaker’s chocolate, you can enter your Easter creations here: http://www.whittakerscreation.co.nz/
- 200g Whittaker’s 5 roll refined chocolate
- 2 cups of cocoa puffs
- 2 cups of coconut
- Food colouring
- 1 bag of M&M’s speckled eggs
- Line 2 mini muffin pans with mini cupcake cases OR lightly grease them.
- Melt the chocolate on a medium heat in the microwave.
- Stir in 2 cups of cocoa puffs and 1 cup of coconut.
- Fill the cupcake cases with the mixture, pushing it up the sides to leave a small hole in the middle – in the shape of a nest.
- Dye the remaining cup of coconut with your choice, or choices, of food colouring.
- Fill the nests with the coloured coconut and top each nest with two of the speckled eggs.
- Refrigerate until set.