I love finger food for many reasons: you can fool yourself into thinking that you’re eating less, you get to try more foods, there are minimal dishes to wash afterward and it’s the only time you can look posh whilst eating with your fingers.
These delicious little tartlets are great for parties, afternoon tea or dessert.
They’re also super simple to make, so this is a perfect recipe if you’re a rookie in the kitchen.
- Premade individual tartlet shells or you can make your own pastry shells (I usually use the Edmond’s Sweet Short Pastry recipe)
- 1x 397g tin of Nestle Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk – Caramel
- 2 or 3 bananas, sliced
- 300ml fresh cream, whipped
- 2x Cadbury Flake bars, gently crushed
- Spoon the caramel into the tartlet shells; filling them almost to the top.
- Lay the sliced banana over the caramel and add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with crumbled flake to garnish.
- TIP: You can fill the tartlets with the caramel in advance but don’t chop and add the banana until right before serving as it will turn brown. OR, layer the banana underneath the caramel – it won’t look as pretty but it will stop it from going brown.